Apply On-Line for Legal Assistance

(En Español)    

To apply online for free legal help scroll down and click on the correct application   

 The Massachusetts Justice Project serves people who live or have a case in Hampden, Hampshire, Franklin, Berkshire or Worcester counties. If your case or legal matter is outside our service areas, do not fill out this application.     

Before completing an application, please read the following:

  • If you are helping someone else get legal assistance, please make sure the information provided is in their name and that you have their permission or authority (ie., you are the parent of a minor needing legal assistance, or have a guardianship or power of attorney over the applicant).
  • Completing an application does not mean that we can provide you with a lawyer. Even if you are low-income, our resources are limited and it may be that the only help we can provide is legal information or referral to self-help resources.
  • It may take up to seven (7) days to get back to you. If you have an emergency or have a deadline or hearing within the next two weeks, please call 1-800-639-1209 during our telepone-assisted intake hours.

Please fill out the application type that best matches your legal problem

A family law issue Family law generally includes cases about divorce, child custody, visitation, guardianship of minors, child support,  and domestic violence.

A housing issue Housing law generally includes evictions (by a private landlord, public housing or other), landlord and tenant rights, housing conditions, termination, denial  or other problems involving a housing subsidy, access, termination or denial of shelter, and foreclosure;

Social Security Benefits issues like denial of an application, termination of benefits and overpayments of Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) and Supplemental Security Income (SSI);

Unemployment benefits issues like denials, terminations, appeals and overpayments;

Government Benefits issues with TAFDC, EAEDC, Food Stamps, and Veterans Services;

Emergency Assistance shelter, HomeBase or getting into shelter;

Bankruptcy or debt collection;

Government Health Benefits such as MassHealth and Medicare;

Utilities Termination of electricity, gas or heat or trouble getting service started;

Preparing a simple will, health care proxy or durable power of attorney;

Other legal issue  If you have a legal problem other than those listed above, please complete this application. Someone will let you know if we can help you. We do not help with the following legal problems:  Criminal, Personal Injury, Workers Compensation, Real Estate Sales, Probating of Wills and Estates, CHINS, and Care and Protection Cases and certain other legal issues.

Archived pages and forms folder

Bankruptcy and Debt Bankruptcy and Debt 9/25/2013 4:31 pm 597 B
Benefits Benefits 9/25/2013 4:39 pm 598 B
Emergency Shelter Emergency Shelter 9/25/2013 11:03 pm 646 B
Family Law Family Law 9/25/2013 11:06 pm 576 B
Health Health 9/25/2013 11:08 pm 546 B
Housing Housing 9/25/2013 11:10 pm 532 B
Preparing a Will, Proxy, Power of Attorney Preparing a Will, Proxy, Power of Attorney 9/25/2013 11:12 pm 631 B
Social Security Social Security 9/25/2013 11:14 pm 590 B
Unemployment Unemployment 9/25/2013 11:16 pm 618 B
Utilities Utilities 9/25/2013 11:17 pm 569 B
Other legal problem Other legal problem 9/25/2013 11:18 pm 725 B